Relocating outside of the
Quinte Area? I can refer
you to a qualified agent
anywhere in the world
Click here for more information.
I can show you any house in the MLS system!
- Fabulous Victorian home built in 1878 for dentist Joseph Caldwell. His office was at 258 Front Street, until recently known as Greenley W & R Booksellers.
- Prestigious address on a wide tree-lined street in the heart of the Old East Hill.
- Bridge Street East is lined with handsome century homes that extend from the centre core.
- This elegant brick home is among the few buildings on this desirable street which show elements of Second Empire architectural style.
- Distinctive features are the mansard roof with a number of dormers all around the building and wrought iron cresting with finials on the top of the roof.
- The face is situated on the south side of the house and has a tower-like projection on the eastern side with bay windows on the first and second floors.
- The main entrance is centrally placed under a pediment portico.
- The home originally had two verandas on either side. They have been enclosed and this area is now a 34.4 X 9.9 foot solarium.
- This home boasts thirteen rooms in total, five bedrooms plus an office and four baths.
- The main entrance hall boasts a magnificent mahogany circular staircase, which climbs to the third floor.
- Other notable features include pocket doors that separate the spacious living room and dining rooms.
- The ceiling height is 10’3” and the main floor boasts ornate cornice mouldings.
- A parlour with a leaded glass window is an ideal home office, located at the base of the dramatic stairwell.
- Bay windows and curved plaster walls are evident throughout.
- In 2012, a new chef’s kitchen was installed with cherry cabinets, black granite counter tops, centre-island with a double sink and a dramatic signature granite.
- It features is a built in Kitchen Aid Superba double convection oven, GE Monogram gas cooktop, built in microwave, dishwasher and fridge.
- The ceramic tile floors in the kitchen feature radiant heat.
- There is a nice breakfast nook, freshly painted in 2013 with two large windows plus a handy 2-piece bath, next to the main level laundry area.
- Patio doors lead to a wrap-around deck and a fenced yard.
- The first floor hallways was freshly painted in 2013
- The second level has a master suite with a 3-piece en-suite bath, new in 2010 and adjoining office.
- The 4 piece family bath was completely renovated in 2010.
- An exciting feature is the second level family room with new ¾ inch hardwood flooring, remodelled in 2013, overlooking the rear yard.
- The second level front balcony was renovated in 2013.
- The second level hallway was stripped of wallpaper and freshly painted in 2013.
- A third floor with a tree-top view offers a large sitting/living room, a full bath and two bedrooms.
- There are two wood-burning fireplaces, both on the main level.
- The home is heated by a hot water gas boiler system, new in 1996. Heating costs for 2013 were $2,268.00.
- The brick has been re-pointed and tucked, 20 corbles and wood soffits have been replaced and that the exterior was freshly painted in 2010 and the sun porch was painted again in 2012.
- Other upgrades include newer windows; a new rubber membrane roof on the second level in 2004; new thermostat heated pipes to the kitchen in 2005; all wiring was replaced in the kitchen in 2005; new vinyl and eaves were installed on the west wall of the kitchen in 2005; new ceramic tiling in front sun porch in 2005; new fencing in the back yard in 2005; a new owned hot water tank was installed in 2005 and a new window in master bedroom in 2013.
- This elegant home still maintains the grace, refinement and décor of the Victorian era.
- It would be an ideal spot to raise a large family or for a Bed and Breakfast.
Excellent value at $399,800
|Click to view this and
Information about Belleville